Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Journey into the world of Blogging

OK, so I have had this incurable appetite to write but I hate journals, my hand cramps after a few minutes and to keep myself from going insane due to boredom I am making an attempt at blogging. Writing has always interested me, in fact English was one of the only classes I truly enjoyed at college. I believe anyone who has ever truly enjoyed reading, especially on a leisurely level, has always had the idea of writing professionally in the back of their minds. Perhaps you have even made attempts at writing books or articles and many of you may even have some published works. Well I would love to be able to write professionally, who wouldn't want to get paid for what you enjoy, and I have actually begun work on a book.

The problem with writing, at least for me, is that I see what I want in my head but often times the impact is lost in translation. When i was into drawing I would see this beautiful work of art in my head but my hands were incapable of taking that which was in my head and get it onto a medium. Sigh. I know that there are naturally born artists and writers but the majority of them are people who took time, practice, patience and hard work. This is where the blog comes in, I need to practice and learn how to get my thoughts and ideas out of my head and onto a medium (in this case a blog) in a way where it makes sense and I can look at it and go, wow!

This first entry is just me saying hello and giving a little insight into my reasoning behind the blog. I am not keeping my family up to date with the latest fiasco that my little three year old princess has managed to cause or how my eldest is a human calender, but I am here for the straggler that for whatever reason fell into my blog. I will attempt to write regularly, which is highly unlikely but if I want to hone my skills I will need to practice. So the journey has begun and now it is up to me to drive ever forward. I will be interested to see if anyone comes across this in your random Internet searches from lol cats and social networking. Have a wonderful day, whatever day this is. God bless.

No comments: